Finding Zen to rest and replenish
As the last blog stated these days, many people are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
Here are some nourishing, replenishing, restorative actions we can take when we feel drained:
- Go for a walk
- Take a pause to breathe and notice the moment.
- Take a nap
- Give yourself a day of spaciousness.
- Spoil yourself with a moment outside in the air, with a cup of coffee taken to the garden, with a few hours doing something you always wanted to do, with a holiday away, a retreat, a spa place, etc. from 5 minuits to 5 days every small moment is a gift to you.
- Take a tea break with a little ritual about it.
- Sit and feel the sun on your back.
- Lay down , close your eyes , relax every muscle in your body and just feel nourished by your brath
- Be kind to yourself , serching out and being aware of this every day.
Remember the rule in an areiplane – the adult /parent, must always buckle in before they buckle in the child. Your might think it would be best to attend to the child first but you must be safe firstly to keep the child safe. Hence you must care for yourself firstly to care for others.
Thank you to Zen Habits and Leo Babauta for his many great writings which I adapt for my friends now for all of us.